Monday, February 11, 2013

Too Cold

My son went out yesterday afternoon to cut a path to the car, we had been waiting on the snowplow guy, the busiest man around these days.  I am pondering putting one more tiny border on my teatowel quilt, maybe sam==mall hanging square.
















I found a couple of pictures of unfinished items from all my time at Gwen Marston's Beaver Island Quilt Retreats.  I have been fortunate enough to go there seven times.  It is the most lovely thing,  held in an old lodge by the side of one of the smaller lakes in Michigan.  Five days of sewing and sew and tell and great fun. 2013 will be the last quilt retreat for Gwen,  I am hoping I will be able to attend, it is a highlight of the year for me.  So I thought I'd post a few pictures....Well i couldn't find the ones I wanted,  but I decided just to post these ones.  I am still trying to take pictures of a lot of my quilts and sewing sillyness.


I hope everyone is warm, well and sewing.

7 comments:

Kathy said...

It may be too cold, Karin, but seeing these quilts sure warms me. I cannot pick a favorite. Thank you!

Little Island Quilting said...

I just sent you an email but I'm not sure you'll get it because it says you are a 'no reply blogger.'

electricdunce said...

Well I am a complete and total incompetent blogger, but here's me email...moodrqanch @gmail.com. I didn't receive any emails from any islands...

Karin

Michele Bilyeu said...

I am so glad you left a comment on my blog! I followed you back and discovered not only a really great 'curmudgeon' but one who loves the same kinds of quilts and quilting that I do! And you've been to Beaver Island 8 times. I am about to pass out with jealousy!!!!! Good for you...you wonderful very lucky lady... you!

beth said...

what a GREAT quilt show!

Nifty Quilts said...

You are so lucky to have gone to the Beaver Island retreat so many times! I went once. It was heaven. Thank you for the great show. All the quilts are wonderful. Many of them yours? Gorgeous.

electricdunce said...

Yup, they are all my doing. And I'm glad I managed to post them because yesterday I did something to my computer that erased all my photos and picture fies full of quilts and other fascinating things. I guess I'll just have to goose my camera battery back into action.

I am having such fun discovering all these wonderful quilt blogs...

Karin